The MULTICRACKER® is a compact machine with which products can be reduced. In this process, the initial product is cracked (broken) instead of ground. The machine has special patented cracked discs that cover the product reduced speed to the desired size.
The blades in a MULTICRACKER® unit has a cutting movement that is comparable to the effect of scissors which uses a series of opposing discs. The discs are held close and parallel to each other to create a grinding chamber out of a resulting gap.
The discs spin at up to 3000 RPM to grind the material, and once a desired size has been reached the material will exit the gap at the edges of the discs. The speed & gap of all machines can be manually or automatically be adjusted with computer programming.
Why crack (break) instead of grind?
By cracking the product, an even structure size is achieved. In the case of animal nutrition, this has a positive effect on the digestion of the animal. Due to the rapid throughput in the machine, the product does not heat up. This means there is minimal loss of moisture and the end product retains its nutritional value.
- Highest energy efficiency – energy expenditure ~1 kW per ton – up to 80% energy saving compare to conventional grinding technologies
- Cold cut – no material heating – provides gentle and efficient processing of valuable materials
- Homogeneous grist, narrow grain size Distribution and less dust generation compare to conventional grinding technologies
- Wet grinding and Clean-In-Place possible in water proof crackerunits
- Wide range of applications with various crackerdisc profile
- Dust proof Cracker Units for compliance
- Small space requirement and weight combined with high throughput
- Low wear-out costs
- Low aspiration demand – more energy saving
- PLC-integrability into new or existing control systems
- Best intake behaviour due to the tapered disks and their formation